Maanvi Gagroo aka Siddhi Patel, the bubbly fun character in Four More Shots Please! beautifully embodies the quintessential Bombay not Mumbai “townie” aka the uber-chic SoBo / South-Bombay Girl vibe! I love it. Her character has changed so much this season. Season 2 is filled with Siddhi’s moments, it starts and ends with her too. I feel this season, she looked more flattering than ever. Also, her makeup and hair game seem to have gone a notch higher. She is truly embodying the simple and classy look just the way every girl would love to look. Very fresh and young.
My readers have been searching for how to achieve that “natural makeup” on my blog and I thought, why not just dive into it by contacting yet another talented HMUA from Four More Shots Please! Season 2 to give us some tips and tricks on how to achieve it. Myrra Jain @myrrajainmua who has worked with Maanvi as her Hair and Make Up Artist, has shared on how to achieve Siddhi’s minimalistic signature looks from the series.
Tell Us About Yourself
I’m an internationally certified makeup artist from Delamar Academy, London. I’ve been in the makeup industry for almost 6 years now. I specialize in the field of editorials, fashion and prosthetics. After being in Mumbai for couple of months, my career just took off and I’ve worked with many celebrities since then including Maanvi Magroo in Four More Shots Please! Season 2.
Maanvi’s Bridesmaid Look In Season 2 Is Beautiful! How Can We Achieve This Gorgeous Almost Natural Look?
Let’s start with skin care –
It is essential to have a prepped skin, which acts as a foundation for your makeup to last long + for your skin to glow. Especially to make your makeup last long during summers! This is how I would go about it for Maanvi,
- Rub her face with ice cubes for a minute or two
- Use FARSÁLI, Rose Gold Elixir – 24k Gold Infused Beauty Oil to gently massage into her skin
- I would then moisturize her face with Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré, massaging it in upward direction of her face. Not only this step helps in making the skin feel hydrated, but the upward massage motion helps in avoiding the skin from sagging in long term.
- Followed by a good 10 minutes massage with a Jade Roller and Gua Sha for lymphatic drainage and to de-puff her skin.
These are the steps as far as skin care are concerned to just prep her skin and get it all set for the makeup.
I’ve used these products (in order) to create her simple yet classy look. Some of them are absolute favorites as far as Maanvi is concerned,
- Colour correcting her face and under eyes with Bobbi Brown Under Eye Corrector
- Followed by NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 – It’s my favorite foundation because its buildable and gives that skin-like moisture-rich look. I would mix two shades to achieve Maanvi’s exact skin shade.
- I would use Hoola Bronzer from Benefit Cosmetics to contour her face. In case if she needed more intensified contour, I would layer the Hoola Bronzer on top of a darker Bobbi Brown Foundation to give that effect.
- The Illamasqua Color Veil Gel Blush was her favorite! This gel based blush gives a clean-glass-skin, a trend all about hydration. I would mix two shades depending upon what she was wearing to give her that sun-kissed look!
- Next step would be to highlight her cheekbones with a MAC Strobe Cream. I would either use it as an illuminator/highlighter or wear it with foundation (mix it) or simply use it underneath the foundation for glowing skin.
- In any case my go-to highlighter was MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish Highlighter in Oh Darling. It just looks stunning on Asian skin.
We had gone for soft smoky eyes as it was a morning wedding look. I created her eyes with –
- Prepping her eyes with Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
- The main eye shadow used to create this smoky look was Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerise Cream Eyeshadow mixed with soft brown peachy shade to give it that natural feathered undone look.
- Followed by tons and tones of mascara.
- I did not like using khol in her water line, as it would take away the freshness from her face. Instead, I went for nude colour pencil to line her water line to make eyes look awake and brighter.
- Tight lined her eye lid with a black eye liner.
- Brows have been key!
I’ve used powder eyeshadow to make her brows. You don’t necessarily have to invest in an eyebrow pallet. But, Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Brow Pencil Easy Shape & Fill is a winner in case if you look is to go for naturally filled brows. But for Maanvi, I’ve mainly used a mix of eyeshadows to fill her brows.
The look was soft, glowy and classy. Hence, I created my own soft pinkish-nude lip shade by using Kryolan Lip Rouge Palette and Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Palette. You do not need 1000 lipsticks! Get a lip pallet and you can create your own shade! It’s one of the things that make my clients love my creativity.
I topped it with Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer in Fenty Glow. LOTS OF IT!
Finally, I would set her face with,
Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. It is fantastic for longevity of your makeup and it also freshens up your face.
Hair Style –
The brief was to give an up-do hair style as it was really hot in Udaipur. We had to make sure the hairstyle does not move + the girls had also decided to use fresh flowers in their hair style, so it was lot of fun. This is how I created her hair-do,
- Sprayed heat protector before blow drying her hair. It saves the hair from further damaged.
- I used my IKONIC CURLING TONG with a 22mm Barrel to curl her hair + I also used heat rollers on the crown area of her hair.
- Followed by lots and lots of lots hair setting spray to keep the hair-do in place for a long duration of time.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO CREATE THE HAIR-DO
- Use heat rollers to curl crown hair in the direction you need to pin the bun ie. for Maanvi, it’s the right side of her face.
- Use the tong to curl rest of the hair. The idea is to get soft waves and once you get done curling.
- Then, just run your fingers through the hair and bring them to one side ie. right side for this look.
- You can also use a doughnut or back comb your hair into a bun.
- After which take few sections of the hair and pin them into the bun to give that messy yet soft feel to the bun.
- Once you’ve secured the bun, brush out the crown hair from the heat rollers and make sure you pin the hair on to the bun with a U-pin. No hair falling on her face. Just place the hair in a way that in goes straight into the bun on the right side.
- Following which add the fresh flowers in to the bun.
- On the left side, leave few strands of curled hair to fall on the face and just make it look gorgeous.
- Follow with tons of hair setting spray! All hair pinned and tucked in.
WOW! We Absolutely Love These Smouldering Eye Looks! What Are Your Tips On Recreating Them?
We had a lot of discussion on how to create this amazon look. Especially since she was wearing bold statement jewelry, I could not add a lot of colour to her face.
Now a days a lot of actors do not use eye liners. They go for beautiful skin, hint of blush and lots of mascara. Strong brows + a nice lipstick shade and they are done!
Over here, I’ve used a purple colour eye pencil all over the lid and then added the colours pink + purple from Urban Decay Electric Eyeshadow Palette to create the smoky eyes.
Smokey eye or any heavy eye makeup is always best paired with a nude lip/light pink lip/ lots of gloss!
We’ve created beachy tasseled hair and used lots of body oil + bronzer for creating this look.
________ NEXT LOOK ________
This is our team’s favorite look this season of Four More Shots Please!
It’s basically, fresh hair made into maggi curls using a thin tong – which almost took me 2 and a half hours to create! Same stages as mentioned before for long lasting hair style.
Face – I used a light coverage foundation and blush closest to her natural skin tone. A little bit of strobe cream, concealer with strong eyebrows and pop of colour on lip. Used lots and lots of gloss for that glistening look!
– END –
*Images used for representative purpose, contact for credits.*
- Best Kept Beauty Secret Of Underrated & Affordable Squalane Moisturizer - January 16, 2022
- Travelogue: 24hrs In Pandharpur – The Land Of Shri Hari Vitthal - January 1, 2022
- Hydration, Sun Protection & Anti Ageing – My Go To Quick Body Care Routine - December 13, 2021