Makeup is your armour and you can have it any way you want. I’ve been playing with makeup for a while now. You can say 10+ yrs. I’m a trained makeup artist as well. Hence, good for you… the trial and error is already done. Creating heavy looks and technical makeup is not for everyone and neither is it for an everyday look. Therefore leaving behind all the jargon about math, reviews and technicality of undertones, staying power, consistency etc. I’ve curated this list based on my experiences for you guys.
Here are my top 5 must haves for guys and girls to get that fresh look (in my order of application) –
- Concealer – Peach and/or Yellow undertone preferably
Try Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer or PAC Spot Concealer Pot
- Powder Foundation Compact – Matte or Luminous is upto you.
Try Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Poreless Powder OR M.A.C Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation Compact
- Eyebrow liner
Try Faces Ultime Pro Eyebrow Pencil OR Lakme Kareena Kapoor Khan Eye Brow Definer
Try L’oreal Super Liner Luminizer or Colorbar I Glide Eye Pencil
Try MILANI Rose Powder Blush OR Nykaa Get Cheeky! Blush Duo
Tools needed – 1 all purpose round brush and your gentle fingers.
* I’m not including lip balm because its more of a skincare product. But, if I were you, I’d always keep a lip balm/chaptsick handy. It works magic!
That’s all you need for a quick get ready anywhere + anytime. Quite simple.
These are the makeup must have basics in my opinion for an everyday smart look. All these products are multipurpose –
- Concealers can be used as an eyeshadow base too.
- Powder foundation can be used to set the eyeshadow base following the concealer.
- Eyebrow liner, Kajal and Eyeliner can be used to create smokey eye look. Make it as intense or as smudged as you want. Brown smokey eyes are in trend. Black smokey eyes are classic.
- You can even use different metallic or other coloured Eyebrow liner, Kajal and Eyeliner to get that variety or pop of colour and make the look your-not-so-basic-look anymore.
- Blush can be used as an eyeshadow itself. Its like creating the monochromatic makeup look that makes you look more put together.
- Liquid blush tint can also be used as a lip tint and much more.
Don’t rub. Don’t stretch. Don’t over apply.
Blend. Look real. Let your real skin peek through.
B R E A T H
*Images used for representative purpose, contact for credits.*